Registration Deadline for the 2017 OTepp Certificate Program is January 27, 2017
Registration deadlines for individual courses:
- Course 1 - Managing Practice, Responsibility and Professional Development: January 27, 2017
- Course 2 - Communication, Collaboration and Practice Knowledge: March 3, 2017
- Course 3 - Understanding Evidence and Using It in Practice: March 31, 2017
- Course 4 - Clinical Reasoning and Critical Thinking in a Practice Process: April 28, 2017
- Course 5 - Supervised Practicum: All pre-practicum tasks must be completed by June 2, 2017. Students must achieve a grade of C- or greater for Courses 1 through 4 and have completed all pre-practicum tasks by the deadline before proceeding to supervised practicum.
Please submit the following:
- Completed application form.
- Recommendation from a provincial regulatory body or ACOTRO. OTepp will consider other applications on a case by case basis.
- Proof of English proficiency. This is not required if your first language is English and/or your OT training was in English.
- Confidentiality agreement
- Deposit of $500.00 in the form of cheque or money order payable to McMaster University after you receive an email confirming that your application has been accepted. OTepp does not accept credit cards at this time.
The first five documents listed are to be mailed or emailed to Nancy Lidstone. Mail your cheque or money order to:
OTepp, School of Rehabilitation Science
IAHS, Room 403
1400 Main Street West
Hamilton, Ontario, L8S 1C7
After your application is approved, an intake interview either in person or by telephone will be scheduled. You will need a computer with Internet access. The entire process will take approximately one hour.
OTepp hours are recognized towards currency hours by certain provincial regulatory organizations. Please contact your respective provincial regulatory organization to inquire about the currency hours you require and to determine whether these hours are acceptable to that regulatory organization. Successful completion of all five courses will lead to a certificate from McMaster University.
All OTepp courses are offered online for distance students as well as face-to-face at McMaster University in Hamilton, Ontario. Applicants who are living outside of Canada but meet the eligibility criteria may also join OTepp.
Students who register to take part in the OTepp Certificate Program will be expected to join two classes per week (3 hours each), plus spend up to an additional 12 hours per week on homework and assignments to meet the requirements of each course. The amount of preparation time may vary for each individual. Students who do not meet this standard may be asked to withdraw from the OTepp Certificate Program. Students must successfully complete Courses 1 through 4 to participate in Course 5. This includes receiving passing grades (C- or 60%) on all assignments for Courses 1 through 4. You cannot register for or complete Course 5 Supervised Practicum without having successfully completed Courses 1 through 4 first.